The Chamber’s Mission
Boroughbridge and District Chamber of Trade is a group of local business owners who are committed to the promotion of businesses in the Boroughbridge District, both locally and further afield. It specifically champions locally-owned independent businesses.
Why do we have a Chamber of Trade in Boroughbridge and District?
The Chamber works to promote a thriving town and high street, encouraging people to buy locally and boost the local economy. The membership represents High Street businesses and many associated local services, such as Trades People and Support Services. The Chamber’s aim is to promote a sense of business community, where businesses can support each other on business issues and initiatives. Collectively, our voice is stronger when lobbying on behalf of local businesses. It is a Membership organisation, and is only as strong as it’s Members.
What does the Chamber of Trade do?
The Chamber should be a focal point for all businesses in the Boroughbridge and District area. It are a source of communication on local, Regional and National issues that affect businesses in and around the town. It supports members with business news both locally and further afield, employing Social Media and this website to communicate with both members and the wider audience of businesses in the area.
A few of the things the Chamber does include:
- Arranging Business Events to support Networking and sharing of Business Information and best practice
- Liaising with the Town Council over local business issues
- Contribute to the High Street by supporting the upkeep of the planters/tubs/baskets around the town
- Organise social events, including a Race Night
- Support other events in the Town/District that will have a positive impact on local businesses – e.g. Easter walking festival
- Organising the Christmas Late Night Shopping event
- Organising and co-funding the town’s Christmas lights, with financial support from Harrogate Borough Council, Boroughbridge Town council and Langthorpe Parish Council